Honey is the only natural sweetener produced by honey bees from the nectar of plants and offered worldwide, which has the status of being healthy for young and old due to the presence of large amount of natural enzymes (Diastase, Invertase etc.) and anti-oxidants; which are absent in common sweeteners like sugar & syrup solutions.
The consistency of honey can be fluid, viscous or partly to entirely crystallized. The flavor, color and aroma vary, but are derived from the plant origin.
Honey bees produce Pure Honey from the nectar of flowering plants and to produce 1 kg of pure honey, small bee has to make millions of flight to collect nectar from flowers.
As per International studies (EU/USA) Honey & Pomegranate juice have been identified as most likely adulterated items. Common Adulterants in honey are
- Addition of invert and cane sugars
- Addition of Starch based syrups made from Rice flour, Corn flour and Wheat flour (Atta)
To Establish Genuineness of the Honey as per Codex Alimentarius, EU, USFDA and other International Standards, Shakti Apifoods has established an In-House, State-Of-The-Art, Honey Testing Laboratory for testing of:
- Adulteration in honey with cane sugar/ corn syrup and other Starch based syrups (by latest Isotope and other Methods).
- Residual drugs/antibiotics analysis at ppb/ppt levels to guarantee Food Safety Requirements of developed countries and India alike.
- Facilities for quantification of contaminants like Heavy metals and pesticides residues in honey.
- Facilities for testing of all Physico-chemical parameters as per International norms.
With such ultra high facilities, Shakti Apifoods has started 100% testing of all incoming raw materials for Authenticity/Purity, Residual Antibiotics resulting from Bee-hive treatment, Contaminants and total Physico-chemical requirements as per FSSAI/ USFDA/ EU Norms.
Shakti Apifoods is certified for various Food Safety and Hygiene Standards by
- BRC Global Standard for Food Safety, Issue – 7: January 2015,
- True Source Honey, USA
- Export Inspection Council, Govt. of India for “Export of Honey to All countries including EU” (EIA No. Honey-04-013).
- USFDA and
- US Custom & Border Organization (C-TPAT).
Shakti Apifoods Pvt. Ltd. is the largest exporter of Honey since 2013-14 and recipient of “APEDA Outstanding Performance Award for contribution in Honey Sector” by APEDA, Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India.
Thus, a final motto of “Quality First, Production Afterwards” with “Farm to Fork Traceability” has been put into practice at Shakti Apifoods, to meet USA & EU Regulatory/ superior requirements of importers.
Shakti Apifoods exports Monofloral and Polyflora Honey in bulk containers and in consumer packs.